Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Christmas Ghirardelli chocolate holders

I have been trying to plan what to make for the December craft night workshop. I had such a fun time making these chocolate holders. The tea/chocolate holders I made a few days ago was done by following the instructions off of the splitcoaststampers website. The holders I made this time were cased from http://www.inkingidaho.blogspot.com/ December 2007. The inserts on these holders are made using a 5 1/2 x 7 piece of DSP. I didn't have my Christmas DSP yet so I used regular card stock. It is more stiff but it still works. Be careful punching the 1/2 circle because the paper is so thick it can mess up your hole punch (don't ask me how I know.) It it best to punch it on one layer then fold it per her instructions and finish punching. If you are using the DSP there shouldn't be any problems using the hole punch.

The first holder pictured used the Delightful Decorations stamp set. I used real read and old olive, however I think it would look better in garden green. The sentiment is the Warm Words stamp set.


The second holder is made using the Jolliest Time of year stamp set. I love this tree. And by the looks of it I also love the real red and old olive together. This one is my favorite. I am not usually a glitter kind of person but I added dazzeling diamonds glitter to the tree. I think Christmas just calls for some extra sparkle.



Here is a picture of the inside. Sorry I should have put the chocolate in it for display. I used the Jolly roller on the inside to create my own DSP.
These were so much fun to make. TFL

No comments:

Post a Comment