Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Etching Glass for Christmas


I have been playing around with some different techniques to do at my December craft night and wanted to try etching on glass with my stamps. The technique can be found here. I tried three different stamps. The first one I made used the Santa from Wondering words stamp set found in the Holiday mini catalog. I purchased a glass block from Hobby Lobby one that you can put in Christmas lights. For my first time etching I am happy with how it turned out. I however am not good at making bows which is obvious in the picture. I think I will ask my friend Jill if she will help me make a respectable bow.

For my second and third try I used two sizes of glass jars that I picked up at Wal-Mart. I used the Jolliest Time of Year stamp set. These turned out fairly well also. I definately will be including this in my December craft night.


No comments:

Post a Comment