Thursday, November 26, 2009

Getting ready for Valentines Day


This card we will make at my January craft night.
Front view of milk carton


Back View of Milk Carton



I have been working on my crafts for my January craft night. I needed to do this for two reason; 1 - is that I needed a break from all of the Christmas projects & 2 - I try to plan a month ahead so that I can make sure I have enough supplies on hand.


So far I have planned for the group to make two 3-D projects, a card using the Sweet Centers heart and lastly I knew I wanted to use the Mailbox with hearts floating out of it from the Wandering Words stamp set (found in the Holiday mini catalog.)


I find such joy in Valentines day. I had fun planning the Halloween projects but Valentines day just makes me happier. Maybe its the colors. I love the new in color - Mambo Melon, Real Red and Regal Rose.


After I made Wandering words card it knew I wanted to use it in a 3-D project. I immediatlely thought of the milk carton tutorial found at the http://www.inkingidaho.blogspot.com/ website. I love this tutorial because you can use it for any holiday (see my posting on November 22 where I used the Autumn Harvest stamp). If you search her blog by typing in milk cartons there are so many fun postings of Becky Roberts and other peoples creations. I also used the swirly die cut and am really pleased how it turned out. This took some time piecing together the white and pink die cuts. I think I am going to keep this one for me - Happy Valentines to me :). This is not one of the projects for craft night - I will post those late December or Early January.

1 comment:

  1. This is a cute project. I love your blog. We have similar tastes is style. I'm not techy enough to get a blog going. You are in my favs now. Hope to visit often.

    ReplyDelete