Saturday, August 14, 2010

Playing around with my new stamps

I spent quite a bit of time the other day playing with the new hostess set Because I Care. I also love the new colors, cherry cobbler and early espresso. I also used the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. Most of the cards have the same feel as I was just trying some things with the same papers.
This card folds towards the center and the bow with button hold the card closed.










It really bothers me that I got the sentiment on crooked. I guess thats what I get for not using the stamp-a-ma-jig.



















I have made a card similar to this using the Vintage Vogue stamp set. I got the idea for the medallion circle from here. I also used the background stamp French Filigree. The cherry cobbler color was embossed using the Final Press embossing folder (which is probably my favorite).





I really like how this card turned out. I based it on a coaster I made. I used the French Filigree background stamp using white craft ink and then stamped the flower image using black craft ink and then I heat embossed it using clear embossing powder. I also used the swirls Texturized plate for the second layer of crumb cake and then sponged on black classic ink.

A picture of one of the coasters is below.











For this coaster I used Travertine tiles. I washed off the dust then used my craft inks to stamp with. After stamping I baked them for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Once cooled I sprayed them with an acrylic spray to seal them. The bottom also has cork on the bottom to prevent scratching on table tops.
















For this card I used Artichoke, very vanilla and cherry cobbler. Again I used the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment