Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Toys








I have been playing around with some of the new things I got from the Occasions Mini catalog. I love, love, love the new Fun Flowers Big Z die. To make the above flower on the "Just for You" card I die cut the flowers, sponged them with soft suede ink and then ran them through the crimper a bunch of times (10 - 20) Then I crumpled them up, flatened them out and separated the paper. It starts to break apart after its been crumpled and crimped. I also used my favorite accessory - Antiques brads.
The other items used on these cards are the Framed Tulips embossing folder. I love the way this embossing folder just adds a look that completes the card. It is elegant yet not too busy.
Another toy is the Build a Blossom stamp set and matching punch. I debated about this set and punch for quite a while but I am so happy I got it. I plan on making Mother's day cards with this set.
Some of the supplies used are as follows:
Just for you card: Baja Breeze, soft suded and Elegant Soiree DSP, Framed Tulip embossing folder, Afterthoughts stamp set, Fun Flowers Big Z die, Suede craft ink and clear embossing powder, baja breeze seam binding.
Bliss card: Soft suede, pink pirouette, card stock, retired pink brads, 1 1/4" striped PIP ribbon, Soft suede craft ink and clear embossing powder, Bliss stamp set (saleabration) and French Script background stamp. I got the idea for this card on the February Stampin Success Magazine.
Build a Blossom card: For this card I used soft suede and crumb cake ink, Build a Blossom stamp set and punch, Vintage Flower Adornments (Occasions mini), Elements of Style stamp set for the sentiment.

1 comment:

  1. Love the card with the Build a Blossom flower. I just purchased the punch. Can't wait to get it. You can make a swan with it.. So cool.

    ReplyDelete