Monday, March 15, 2010

Mother's Day presents




I am so excited about this project - mostly because it was so much fun to make. I am going to add a card but I need to purchase the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder. Here are some details for the project.
For the boxs I used the 2009 12 days of Christmas tutorial from Becky Roberts. (A side note is that these tutorials can be used for any holiday and any season. And I love to make boxes!!!!) I used the tall box tutorial except that I made it an inch shorter. Then I cut out the window because I wanted to stamp something on the window sheet.
For the pink box I selected the flower from the Bloomin' Beautiful set (I love this set!!) and on the amethyst box I used the lavendar stamp from the Herb Expressions stamp set. I used white stazon to stamp on the window sheet. The pink brads are available for purchase from the Occasions mini catalog. I also used flowers from the pretties kit.
In the middle of the flower on the amethyst box I used the smaller flowers from the Birds and Blooms sizzlits 4 pack dies (It came with my big shot).
The jars I picked up from a local craft store. It is really hard to see in the picture but I etched the stamp onto the jar. Inside the jars are bath salts that I made that smell like lavender and rose.
The gift card holder was a tutorial called Cash or Charge purchased here.
To be honest I was trying to come up with a teacher gift set but it turned out to look more like something I would give my mom and MIL.
Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment