Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cracked Glass Technique- Lovely as a Tree

For these two cards I used the cracked glass technique found here. This is one of my favorite stamps sets (Lovely as a Tree)- it is timeless and so versatile.

For the first card I used Espresso, Artichoke and Vanilla paper. I stamped the tree using the espresso ink. Then I used my woodgrain background stamp over it. If you double click on the picture you can enlarge it to see this better. Then I used the cracked glass technique. The hardest part was holding the paper and trying not to burn myself with the heat gun. I used my Vintage Wallpaper EF for the texture. I also sponged espresso ink on top to make it look more vintage.

This bottom card is very similar to the top one with a few minor changes. I used cajun and crumb cake paper instead of the artichoke. When I stamped the tree. I stamped it in cajun ink first then rolled my stamp in the espresso ink. I got to use some of my favorite accessores on this card - the espresso taffeta ribbon and the vintage trinkets. I also used the Tiny Tags stamp set and punch for the mini tags on the safety pin.

I have been having such a good time stamping lately. I think I have taken some of the pressure off myself when making a card and just having fun playing with my stuff.

TFL.

No comments:

Post a Comment