Friday, October 1, 2010

Day of Gratitude Cards

I have been really busy making a lot of cards. I usually have a hard time using my DSP. Most of the cards I make are without any DSP. I love Stampin Up's Designer paper. Once I purchase it I always have a ton left over - so my goal is to try and use it more on my cards. Another reason it is hard to use is because when I only get two pages of each design I have to be careful when planning my craft night so that there is enough paper to go around. But here is what I came up with for some of my fall cards.
I knew when I saw the Day of Gratitude stamp set I wanted it. And the thick textured DSP is so beautiful and fun.

For this card I used a Sizzix tags die I got at Michaels. Don't you just love the buttons that Stampin Up has? I love that the colors match perfectly. I embossed with the Polka Dots embossing folder and the Autumn Spice DSP. Also, I love the deep rich color of the cajun craze paper & ink.


Again, on this card I wanted to use my new tag dies for the Big Shot. Besides using the Day of Gratitude stamp set I also used my new woodgrain background stamp (it is hard to see in the picture because I wanted a real light background). I used crumb cake ink on the woodgrain stamp and stamped off once. The leaves are from the Autumn Splendor stamp set. I colored them using my blender pens and ink pads (I got the coloring technique from here.

This last card is one of my favorites. For the main image I used the Wandering Words stamp set that was in last years holiday mini (I just didn't use it enough last year and couldn't wait to bring it back out). I colored the stamp with my markers. Again, I used the Polka Dot embossing folder. On the green DSP I used my Baroque Motifs stamp using old olive ink. I stamped the leaf using the Day of Gratitude stamp set and then cut the leaves out and used dimensionals. This card took me awhile to come up with but I had a great time creating it!!

TFL

No comments:

Post a Comment