Tuesday, October 20, 2009

For you and Thank you

I felt the need to use my embrace life stamp set again. This is one of my favorite cards. I forget to use black cardstock, but think it looks great with the regal rose and rose red colors. I don't know if you can tell but I used a paint brush to add some champagne Mist shimmer paint to the flowers.




Card Stock - Black, Whisper white, Regal Rose

Ink - Black; I colored the flowers with Regal Rose and Rose Red markers, Versamark and clear embossing powder were used for the background flower.

Accessories - Rose red 1/4" ribbon, Champagne Mist shimmer paint


I made several of these cards using the Manhattan Flower impression folder. On one I put the sentiment "Birthday Wishes" on another I put "Thanks So Much". The thank you card will go to my aunt who has been helping take care of my mom after back surgery. I don't know why but I have a hard time using this impression folder. I think because it seems to take up the whole page. I got the idea for this card from the Stampin Success June issue. The card idea was from one of the art contest winners - Jodi-Danielle Kutz. It helped to make this card a 5x5.

I used the Fifth Avenue Floral set on the inside of the card. I have been adding a decorative item to the inside of the card also. I think it finishes the card.





No comments:

Post a Comment