Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Load of Love Autumn Gifts


I have always loved the Loads of Love stamp set. I think it is so much fun to cut the car out of DSP (it is much easier than trying to color it in).
I wanted to make some gifts to hand out to teachers and friends for the autumn season. I think these Ghirardelli / tea bag holders are great gifts. I made two differnt types. I made several (not pictured here using the tutorial from splitcoaststampers. This uses half a sheet of DSP which can become quite expensive when you are making things in bulk (I made a total of 24. Twelve with the DSP insert and 12 using a sleeveless holder (next picture).
Although I can only get one piece of chocolate in this holder I love that there is space to write a quick note to someone. I think it makes it more personal.
I don't know if you can tell from the picture above, but I added crystal effects over the window to make it look like glass.
Also you can see that I used two types of ribbon. I can honestly say that I prefer the orange ribbon.
The orange polka dot paper I got from my local craft store.

No comments:

Post a Comment