Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Voila Trivet

Today I am posting some pictures of a trivet I made using the Voila stamp set. I love this chef. I am trying to remember the type of tile I purchased. From the receipt from Home Depot it reads Giallotum. They are found in the tumbled marble section of the tile ile. They tiles are unfinished. To stamp the image I used black StazOn. I colored the red with a red sharpie, and used chalk applicators and small paint brushes to apply the white craft ink. I used a versmarker and gray chalk for the platter. After I let it dry, I used a very fine black sharpie to fix any areas that weren't as bold as I would like them to be. I then baked it for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. After it cooled I applied a matte finish acrylic spay (3 - 4 coats). I am using the one below with the black ribbon for display in my kitchen. I have tested it with hot pans from the oven (I took off the ribbon) and it seems to handle the heat ok. I just think the white craft ink makes the whole thing pop.






Below are some pictures of a gift set that I made using the Viola stamp set. The purse was made using the "Purse-onally Perfect Notes Tutorial" from http://www.inkingidaho.blogspot.com/. The tutorials that are provided at this website are very easy to follow and there are pictures provided for each of the steps (for those of us who are more visual than anything else.) The mini composition notebook tutorial is free and is also on the above website posted August 2009. I seem to case Beck Roberts work a lot. The cards are also a case of her February posting here http://inkingidaho.blogspot.com/2009/02/cupcake-take-along.html.





I may even try to make a small chalk board with the chef for my kitchen (so I can let my family know what we're having (or not having) for dinner. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment