Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tile Coasters

I have been so busy making coasters. I am posting these as ideas for you for our Christmas Projects workshops. The dates for the workshops are October 10th from 1 - 4 and November 14th from 1 - 4. If these dates do not work for you please let me know and we can work something out.

Lovely As a Tree Coasters

I used the Lovely As a Tree stamp set. This is one of my favorites. I used the Timber Brown StazOn for all of them. I also tried to make it look antique by coloring the edges of the coasters with the same ink. The tiles used are tumbled tiles from my local hadware store. Once I cleaned them off and let them dry I stamped them. Finally I sprayed them (about 4 - 5 times) with clear acrylic (matte finish) spray.








The coasters above were made using the Autumn Spendor stamp set out of the new holiday mini catalog. I stamped these coasters using the Timber Brown StazOn. Once the StazOn was dry I used a Versamark pen to color in the leaves and then used my Stampin' Pastels (chalks) to color them in. I baked these for 10 minutes at 350degrees. Once cooled I sealed with an acrylic spray. Super easy.

The next set of coasters was made using the "A Cardinal Christmas" Stamp set. Funny thing - when I first saw this set I wasn't crazy about it at all. Now it is one of my favorites.


For this set I stamped the cardinal using the timber brown StazOn. The Leaves were stamped on the tile using old olive and ruby red craft ink. I also baked these for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. I have used both the tumbled marble tiles and Travertine tiles. My favorite for these are the Travertine because they are smoother and the cardinal's face comes out better.

On the last set of coasters I used the Level 1 hostess set "Country Morning" For this set I stamped it using (yet again) Timber Brown StazOn. Then I colored them with my SU markers. I sprayed them quite a few times with the acrylic spray because I didn't want the ink to run.






No comments:

Post a Comment